Spring 2022 Information
- Registration Fee: $40.00. Late Registration Fee: $50.00 (after April 2nd).
- Games begin May 7th and continue through June 18th.
- Player’s age determined by their age on April 30th, 2022. View the age chart shown below
- Try-Outs Saturday, April 2nd, 2022 for 8U, 10U and 12U Baseball and Softball Divisions. NO try-outs for T-Ball or 6U Divisions. Try-outs for the 15U Division will be held at a later date.
- Try-outs will be held at Camden Community Park. Try-out schedule will be posted as soon as details are available.
- Parents may request their child be tied to another player and/or specific coach in the T-Ball and 6U Divisions only. Enter the name(s) of the other player(s)/coach in the “Request” box on the registration form.
- Requests to tie players together in the 8U, 10U and 12U Divisions will not be honored. Teams are selected using a draft system based on tryouts to balance the teams. Players who are unable to attend tryouts will be placed on teams by random draw.
- T-Ball (coed 4-5 yrs.)
- 6U Baseball (5-6 yrs.)
- 8U Baseball (7-8 yrs.)
- 10U Baseball (9-10 yrs.)
- 12U Baseball (11-12 yrs.)
- 15U Baseball (13-15) yrs.)
- Practice days and times are set by the coach. Weekday practices will not begin before 5:30 pm and Saturday practices will not begin before 9:00 am.
- All practices will be held at Camden Community Park.
- Teams will play 2 games per week, one weekday game (6:00 pm start) and one game on Saturday.
- All games will be played at Camden Community Park with the exception of some older leagues inter-county games.
- Volunteer coaches needed for all age divisions. Please check the coach block while registering or call Keith (338-5360).
- Coaching resources are available online. Simply GOOGLE “Coaching (age) baseball/softball”.
- Players will need a baseball/softball glove. The league will provide team shirts, socks and hats for all players. Each team will have a league equipment bag with batting helmets, bats and balls. Players may use their own helmets and bats. Baseball bats are subject to Tarheel League restrictions. This does not apply to T-Ball or the 6U Division.
- Tarheel Baseball Bat requirements:
- Beginning with the 2019 season, Tar Heel Leagues has adopted the USA Bat Standard for all baseball divisions. For Coach Pitch (8U), Midget Division (10U), Little Division (12U) and Junior Division (15U), all bats must be USA Baseball approved and carry the USA Baseball Stamp or must be NFHS approved and carry the BBCOR stamp (High School) for use in Tar Heel Leagues. Bats may not exceed 2 5/8″ in diameter. nor 36″ inches in length. There is no rule regarding weight / length ratio.
- Our 15U Division uses the school fields for practices and games. Therefore, we will not be able to begin play until the School schedules are completed.
For more information, please email: